Thursday, April 16, 2015

Last Friday


(Note: None of the pictures in this post are actually from Friday!)


Our day started at 5:45am. It comes early, but Levi is now sleeping through the night so no complaints here! By 8am the girls are dressed and fed (cream of wheat today, but sometimes it is oatmeal or hot rice cereal). Beds are made and multiple heads of hair have been done. Levi has also been changed, fed, and played with and is now back down for a nap. Add in getting Joey out the door with a lunch by 7am and that is our morning.

Girls are playing dress up now. I sneak in a short QT while I eat my breakfast. By the time I’m done Joey has returned home to work on some computer stuff because his flight is delayed due to bad weather. I turn on music for the girls so they can dance while I do dishes. We all take a break to say good-bye to Joey and watch him take off.

Around 10am Levi wakes up to be changed and fed. He happily plays on the couch next to me while I fold diapers (37 is today's count). He’s ready for another nap by 11 and the girls have worked up an appetite for lunch. Mac & Cheese is on the menu. While they are all occupied I hang a load of laundry (it’s the second time for this load as rain came yesterday before it was completely dry.)

12:30-1:00 The girls are down for a rest time/nap and I get to enjoy some internet browsing while I eat my lunch.

The afternoon passes quickly. Levi up, changed, fed and back down for a nap. I write a few emails before some unexpected company stops by. It is a Congolese pastor that works with MAF in Bunia. He stopped by to welcome us back and pray for us. He speaks English so my brain doesn’t have to work so hard to be a good hostess. The girls wake up about the time he leaves. 

“Grandma Cookies” for snack time (usually it is popsicles, but I haven’t frozen up a new batch yet.) The girls call them this due to the fact that they are the same kind Grandma buys. Thanks Mom for sending them for us! Joey’s got a long day, so after the girls have played pretend dogs for an hour and done a toy clean up, I put on a Little Einstein video. Levi is up again. 

Joey arrives home to much rejoicing around 5:30. With the girls watching their video and Levi back to sleep Joey and I actually get a chance to chat! Then he takes over child care while I make pizza for dinner. We have a Skype chat this evening with one of the beloved aunts. :) So the girls eat and talk and I make muffins for the weekend. Everything goes a little haywire after that as we get all three kids ready for bed. The girls are a little excited from their phone call and from the fact that they get to switch beds tonight. So, all eventually calms down around 8:30. We reheat pizza and enjoy dinner and a TV show before calling it a day and heading to bed.

No comments: