When I
returned from my flight on Friday, there was a ladder leaning up against the
front of the hangar. One of the guys was up on the ladder installing a light
fixture. Probably a good idea to have a security light.
On
Saturday morning, we looked out the window, and there were quite a few people
walking up and down the grass airstrip. They were all bent over, looking
intently at the ground, and occasionally picking something up and putting it
into a bottle. We had no idea what they were doing until later when I went up
to the hangar. Right underneath that newly installed light bulb were hundreds,
maybe thousands, of termite wings. The kids on the airstrip were hunting for
termites to cook up and eat. I’ve never tried them, but apparently they are
quite tasty.
One of
the guys gave me a tip on catching termites. If you pick them up off the
ground after they shed their wings and have been crawling around, you might get
a bit of an unpleasant earthy flavor. But if you position a bag near a place
they might congregate (like a light bulb) then they will fly in and you end up
with a bag full of clean termites that taste much better than the rest.
I don’t
plan on hunting termites anytime soon. But if I do, I’ll let you know how the
bag technique works. And also if they taste as good as advertised.
1 comment:
Ok.....I will leave the termite dinner for you! Love you all!
Post a Comment