Friday, January 6, 2012

Countdown...19 days to go!

We actually started this at the beginning of the month. We leave for furlough on the 25th so for Christmas I thought, “Perfect! Just like an advent calendar!” and gave Joey a countdown to furlough paper chain. Also known as, “The Survival Chain”. :)

We have been talking about furlough for months now. Mostly because I am a planner and lists help me keep the stress to a survivable level. However, as most of you know, this fall has been crazy here. So a lot of the stuff we need to do before leaving still isn’t finished. We also have a lot of undone want-to’s, like updating this blog.

So, as I was sitting here enjoying the brief calm (Joey is out flying, Dorothy is sleeping, and I am eating lunch), I thought maybe you would enjoy counting down with us. Sharing in this particularly unique aspect of life as we know it. Maybe it will even help me get more done. One can always hope, right!?!

The posts will keep the countdown, but will also include random details from this Fall, packing, and current life. They will probably be short. Welcome to Furlough 2012 countdown!

~Kathleen

No comments: