Saturday, July 11, 2015

Missing It


This week we've been waiting for a phone call. I have a niece due any day now and I’m so eager to hear of her safe arrival! It is one of those times you really feel the reality of living so far away from family. There is just stuff you miss.

My grandmother passed away this month and I missed it. I missed sitting by her bedside those last few days. I missed being able to wrap my arms around my dad when she passed. I missed grieving together with the family at the burial service. I missed hearing all the memories being shared.  

Last month my cousin got married. We are pretty close as an extended family and I missed it. She was in my wedding and I missed getting to see her walk down the aisle. I missed the hugs, laughter, rice throwing, and the send-off into her new life.

When this new little one arrives I will miss holding her as a newborn. I will miss bringing meals and doing dishes for the new little family. I will miss getting to hug her parents.

Despite knowing we are where God wants us, some days the “missing it” is hard.

No comments: