Today’s
flight was for one of the humanitarian groups in Bunia. I took a plane load of
tires, inner tubes, and motor oil from Bunia to Faradje for them. The smell of
rubber in the airplane was pretty strong!
On the
return flight, they had 5 passengers--and a kitten--going to Bunia. The unusual
thing about this flight (other than the kitten) was being able to use English
with the passengers. Most of the time there are at least a couple of people on
board who do not speak English, so we use French. But this time English was the
language of the day. A nice change:-)
After
returning from Faradje I had some things to do in Bunia. I visited the office of
one of our humanitarian users. Later I dropped by the bread store to buy bread
and chapatis (kind of like thick, greasy tortillas). Then I went to the MAF
office to work with our finance manager on a couple of issues before returning
home to Nyankunde.
No comments:
Post a Comment