Thursday, November 19, 2009

Home Free

My heart is heavy today. Hurting for friends, loved ones, and for people I've never met who are going through difficult times right now. Some things aren't any different over here than they are back home. Sunday Joey flew a special flight returning the body of a woman back to her family to be buried. Friends just lost their father, another their mother. Pain, suffering, loss, and grief are ever present in this world.

This song struck me this morning in a new way. It speaks to the reality of pain and the truth of our hope. For those of you who are struggling right now, know that you are in our thoughts and prayers. May God grant you comfort, peace, and hope.

Home Free by Wayne Watson
I'm trying hard not to think You unkind
But Heavenly Father if You know my heart
Surely You can read my mind
Good people underneath a sea of grief
Some get up and walk away
Some will find ultimate relief

Home free eventually
At the ultimate healing
We will be home free
Home free oh I've got a feeling
At the ultimate healing
We will be home--home free

Out in the corridor we were praying for life
A mother for her baby a husband for his wife
Some days the good die young
It's sad but it's true
And while we pray for one more heartbeat
The only real comfort is with You

You know pain has little mercy
And sufferings no respecter of age
Of race or position
I know that every prayer gets answered
The hardest one to pray is slow to come
Oh Lord not mine--not mine--let Your will be done
Oh let it be

We will be home...free...eventually
I believe in that ultimate healing
We will be home
We will be free
Home Free
I believe it's more than just a feeling
'Cause at that ultimate healing
I believe at that ultimate healing
We will be home
Won't it be good to be home?
Home Free

2 comments:

Lois said...

"If I take the wings of the dawn, if I dwell in the remotest part of the sea, even there Thy hand will lead me,, and Thy right had will lay hold of me." Psalm 139:9-10

"If we have hoped in christ in this life only, we are of all men mmost to be pitied." 1 Corinthians 15:19

As always, you are in our hearts and in our prayers.

Love you both!
Lois and Steve

Tina said...

Received your newsletter in the mail today and decided to stop procratinating and check out your blog. God knew the perfect timing. Today we learned that my brother and sister-in-law's baby, when it's born in mid-April, is not expected to be here on this side of heaven with us for longer than 24 - 48 hours. My heart's been breaking all day for them, even while praising God that He is in control and thanking Him that their desire (Spirit given) is to that He be glorified in all this. Then to click on your blog and see this post and the words to that song. It's God's perfect timing. Thank you so much for sharing.
In His love,
Tina