Ok,
technically it was a water spout. A tornado over the water. I was in Entebbe to
pick up building materials for one of the hospitals in Congo. There was a lot
of weather around Entebbe when I arrived, making the last several miles of the trip
difficult as I looked for a way in.
As we
loaded the cargo, I happened to look out the window of the airplane and saw a
waterspout about a mile away over Lake Victoria—just off the end of the runway.
It wasn’t very big at first, and then it completely disappeared. A few minutes
later I saw it again, but much larger. It stayed there for about 10 minutes
before it suddenly dissipated. As it lost power, I could see the shaft of water
expand, then come crashing down to the surface of the lake with a splash. It
was pretty cool!
No comments:
Post a Comment