She: Didn’t sleep at all. Dorothy fidgeted, fussed, and cried all night.
He: 6:45am—Got up, cleaned up, shaved, ate breakfast.
She: 6:45am—Got up, made breakfast, packed lunch, said goodbye.
He: 8:00am—Heading to the airport. What a beautiful day to fly!
She: 8:00am—Hanging up laundry. Are those clouds on
the horizon???
He: Airborne and on the way to Doruma. An hour and forty minute flight. Great visibility, smooth air, nice and cool. Overall just perfect! Upon arrival all passengers waiting and ready to leave. Great!
She: Dorothy’s up. An hour and a half later she has been fed, changed, changed again, bounced, carried, cuddled and played with. Nap number two has arrived…for Dorothy. I realize I don’t have all the ingredients I need for tomorrow's potluck dishes. Uh-Oh.
He: Landing in Dungu, unloading passengers, reloading, and off to Bunia. Right on time!
She: Working on notes to send out of country with our next Stateside visitor. Dorothy is wide awake. Already?!
He: Leg number three of the journey—still nice weather. Spend some time chatting with my “co-pilot” passenger about their time in Doruma and the security situation there. Fly around a thunderstorm near Bunia and we’re home free. Yes!
She: Round number three for Dorothy—fed, changed and napping, but not for long. She’s up again. As I tell her, in my baby talk voice, how today is not going as I would like, she smiles…then spits up all over my shirt, arm, and herself. Sigh.
He: A successful emergency evacuation of seven humanitarian aid workers from Doruma. 30 minutes later I’m headed home. Can’t wait to see my girls!
She: Dorothy’s happy to sit and watch while I do dishes. Twenty minutes later it gets quiet and she’s asleep again. Almost two o’clock. Can’t wait till Joey is home.
He: Great flight today—good reminder of why we’re here. Home now, volleyball this afternoon, and Easter celebration tomorrow—the best reminder of why we’re here.
She: Realized I washed only one of Joey's uniforms instead of two; still don’t know what to make for the potluck, and only a few hours left to get my mind (and heart) right before Easter arrives.
He: Just one of those days. :-) (Two thumbs up!)
She: Just one of those days. :-( (Sigh.)
“Because of the LORD’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.” ~Lamentations 3:22-23
3 comments:
I like hearing about the day from both of your perspectives. :)
I really enjoyed the new blogs.
Thanks, Kathleen, for loving my son.
He has a few quirks, but any daddy that changes diapers and makes it fun is a keeper :-) Love, Mom
I love this style of "your day" posts... I love hearing what it's like around the world in a daily activity of one's life. Happy Easter!
Post a Comment